Kaufhaus Jandorf was erected in 1904 by businessman Adolf Jandorf in Brunnenstraße opposite Weinbergspark in Berlin-Mitte.
The building with five floors and a sales area of approximately 10,000 m² was built after the design of renowned architects Lachmann and Zauber.
The elaborate stone facade testifies the architecture of that time. In 1927 the building was taken over by department store group Hermann Tietz and was led by them until 1945.
Later it served as the "House of Fashion" of the GDR. The building was expanded and modernized. Besides the production of fashion, also shows and exhibitions took place in the building.
Currently it is open to temporary use for exhibitions and art projects.